Friday, February 26, 2010

Lighthearted


“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is by no means a waste of time.” -Sir John Lubbock

 I think Father smiles down on us when He sees us taking delight in his creation. As I sit in bed this Friday morning, listening to songs so sweetly composed by the birds outside my window, I am quiet and undisturbed. Taking note of the wind and how it encourages flowers to dance, and listening to streams gently flow is all very comforting. So why am I even writing this blog? In all probability what I type shall be trite and insignificant yet I do not mind, for writing brings tranquility. The sun was just peaking through my window; there is something about light. I am not talking about the artificial kind but light displayed by the sun. It is captivating and lifts ones spirit. I want to learn how to lift people's spirits. Maybe the wind could be my teacher? Or the flowers that play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment